Oh those magical words: “All schools are closed because of snow.”
Those words turn us all into excited children – even if we might be adults now. There is a certain freedom contained in the words “snow day.” I know not everyone gets to actually stay home and avoid work – yet even going into work on a snow day is somehow more exciting and meaningful. There is a certain bravado that is displayed by those saying “…but I had to go into work through the blowing snow and white-out conditions.”
As for me I do get the day off. Work has also closed and so today is hang out with the kids day. Time to sleep in and not rush. There is a holiday feel in the house as we all lounge in our pajamas. Happy chatter as faces press against the window – “look at all that snow!”
Time for a snow day breakfast – pancakes with blueberries, or with bananas and chocolate chips! With real maple syrup of course to celebrate this random Canadian holiday of snow! And of course hot chocolate topped with marshmallows. We were hyped before about the snow day – and now all that sugar has us pumped for some snow action.
Out we go all bundled into the piles of soft fluffiness. Scarves, mitts and warm hats all in place. Time to play!
Hope you enjoy your day as much as I am enjoying my happy Friday snow day – and my bonus long weekend!
- Tiny Hippo has a Snow Day (meanderingsabound.com)
- …and it snowed, and snowed… (cliffjburns.wordpress.com)
- Snow & breakfast time check-in (thegrassskirtblog.com)
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (theomatodayproject.wordpress.com)
- A stroll in the snow with the “ciaspole” (roundtripticket.me)
- Snow Day! (macooshoes.wordpress.com)