Well didn’t that just make my day! I had seen other sites with an award – and yeah I know these awards are more like blogger chain-letters. But ya know it still feel nice! Means someone has been reading and enjoying. So thank you!
I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award, by Santu’s Blog (http://santuonline.wordpress.com/). And awesome is all I can say!
Now, there are some rules that are to be followed when one gets nominated for this award. Here they are
* Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
* Share 7 things about yourself
* Nominate 10 or so bloggers you admire
* Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
7 things about me
1. I like to eat peanut butter and smoked oysters. I am sure it is really bad for you so it is a special treat.
2. I am a trivia vacuum. I know more useless facts than a random Google search page.
3. I am addicted to anime.
4. I scored in the 98th percentile in the Visual-Spatial portion of the Stanford–Binet IQ test. Not sure that really means anything but it sure made the tester really excited.
5. I love to cook and bake. I have made pies for weddings, donuts for art shows, and cakes for sharing!
6. I learned to play the accordion, and actually even took part in competitive music festivals.
7. I used to brew my own beer. The trouble was it was actually pretty good and I enjoyed drinking it!
Here are my nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Moths to a Flame
- Mullings of a Mind Tramp
- Great Splendor
- The Writing Aficionado
- reverend hellfire’s sunday sermon
- Fiercely Yours
Oh and there are so many more…all filled with good writing and great reading!
I haven’t been on for a while and can’t thank you enough for including me in your nominations– stay posted–I have some catching up to do!
You are welcome and I am glad to read you will be posting. Miss your straight-talking full-on get the hell out of my way writing.
Pingback: Nifty Fifty « cricketmuse
Oh I am sure you can top that! Although tt does have to be smoked oysters – as raw would be oh so slimy with the PB….Try it sometime! Take a plain cracker add a dab of peanut butter, top with one smoked oyster, and a drop or two of your favorite hot-sauce. And mmmmm. Oh now I want some with a nice cold english ale. Oh see happiness does come in a tin – a tin of smoked oysters…
Why, thank you! I will get around to the announcing and posting in a couple of days. Actually, I’m bluffing. I need time to top your peanut butter and oysters admission. How can I possibly come up with something more interesting than that?
Thank you for the shout out and the award…still cursing at my list. The texture alone of PB and oysters together…egads!
Oh Yes together! Mmm-Mmm! Yum-Yum! But it has to be smoked oysters. Works possibly for the same reason some people like peanut butter and bacon. And #5 oh that would be a good blog post! And as for #7 the problem is having lots of beer that I enjoy on hand makes for a big belly. And a too big a belly makes for a shorter life 🙂
1. peanut butter and oysters…together?
5. share your favourite recipe 🙂
7. and the problem here is…?