I love this Ginger Snap recipe because it uses extra ginger for a zesty full of Christmas burst of flavour!
3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
2 teaspoons white vinegar
3 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 325F (160C)
In large mixing bowl using electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
2) Beat in eggs, molasses, and vinegar.
3) In another mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
4) Add dry mixture to butter mixture in small batches.
5) Using a tablespoon to scoop dough, roll between palms into 3/4 inch (2 cm) balls, then flatten slightly with palms and place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment lined baking sheet. For thinner cookies use a the bottom of a glass (lightly floured) to flatten the cookies some more.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing from baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Stores well in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Baked cookies can also be frozen.
Makes about 8 dozen cookies.