These are easy to make – and so rewarding to the eyes and the taste-buds!
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
1 1/2 cups halved green & red candied cherries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
3. In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat egg. Add salt, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar. Stir in the nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust.
6. Bake for another 20 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares (about 1×2 is a good size – smaller ones may crumble!)
Makes 3 dozen.
Festive Baking Brownies – https://cour10eynoonan.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/festive-baking-brownies-%f0%9f%8e/