White Christmas Cookies
These are a buttery light crisp cookie. The red and green candied cherries add a festive look.
1 cup soft butter
¾ cup white sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
red and green “candied” cherries cut in half
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar & eggs.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix into above, mixing well.
4. Roll dough into 3cm balls and place on a cookie sheet, press out with a fork.
5. Top each cookie with ½ a candied cherry
6. Bake for 10-11 minutes (remove when edges just starting to brown)
7. Let cool on tray for 2 more minutes so bottoms are crisp – remove from tray to cool completely.
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies