Mom liked a small dollop of honey in her coffee and tea.
In 2017 this full jar of honey arrived at my home from clearing out my Mom’s estate. Today the jar is empty save for a few bits of crystallized sweetness clinging to the insides like memories.
I am now boiling water to make tea in the jar and remember.
Happy Mother’s day to all moms and others who have been there when a mom was needed.
May you be treated with the respect and kindness you have earned.
I love bananas a whole bunch! And apparently I don’t eat them fast enough and end up with a few overripe brown ones! But that is why we make banana bread!
1/2 cup Butter (at room temperature!) (or margarine)
1 cups sugar (white or brown)
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup walnut pieces METHOD
Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan (grease and flour); Pr-heat oven to 350F
1) In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
2) In another bowl cream together the sugar and butter until well mixed; Mix in the eggs, vanilla and lemon.
3) Mix in the banana and sour cream with the butter mixture
4) Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing until evenly blended
5) Pour the batter into the loaf plan, give the pan a shake and a bump to settle the batter.
Bake for 60 minutes (check that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean)